Burial or Cremation
The cost of a traditional funeral is not significantly different whether you choose burial or cremation.
The significant difference occurs when a new family grave must be purchased. The choice to be buried or cremated is yours. You should advise your next-of-kin/executor of your wishes.
- If you do not own a grave, it will be necessary to purchase one. Dignity Funeral Care will assist you with this arrangement. A single family grave can accommodate three to four burials.
- An existing grave that is full (will not accommodate any further adult burials) may be opened for the burial of an urn/casket following a cremation.
- For more than two decades, cremation has been an alternative to burial In Ireland.
- Both the coffin and the deceased are cremated.
- The ashes are available 24 to 48 hours after the Cremation.
- Your options for the final resting place are many and varied. e.g. Garden of Remembrance, existing family grave, scattering in a chosen location.
Should you have any questions or require further clarification, please contact us.
We are on call 24 hours, seven days a week.